Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My 25th Birthday Party!

My birthday this year was a big one, the big 25. That's right, a quarter of a century (not half a decade, thank you Dana)! In the past, I would keep almost a daily count down till my next birthday. This year the excitement never really came. Perhaps this is because I am growing up?? Or perhaps it's because I feel like my body has aged one hundred years since turning 24. Either way, I just wasn't all that excited.

I was telling my best friend Natalie that I was kind of bummed because I hadn't had a birthday party in years. She quickly volunteered to throw me a party and I quickly became more excited for my birthday.

Natalie and my other best friend, Jessica Anton (I feel like all of my friends are named Jessica) planned a wonderful party for me! We the party a couple of weeks before my birthday. One of the many joys of having a birthday so close to Christmas is there is never a good time to have a birthday party. Everyone is always busy! So I am very grateful to all my friends who came. It was a perfect party! It was so chill and so much fun! It gave me a great chance to talk to my friends whom I hadn't seen in months.
Arriving at the party! Steve and I were in a wedding that day. It had been a very long day and we were still on TN time. Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted. But once I got to Jessica's and saw all my friends, I woke right up!
My bestie, Natalie, and me! Reunited after six long months!!
Brad, Rachael, and me. I miss them! They are the sweetest couple. And next time I see them, they will have a new baby!
Love my Rachael
My dear Jessica Anton who helped plan the party and graciously let us have it at her new home. I love her and her little boy! She is all grown up now.
With the Woods!
Me and the Duncans!
Next time I see Jess she will be a mommy! She is due in March and is so tiny! I can't wait to meet her little one.
My friend Keelie makes amazing cakes! (She made our wedding cake). Nat and Jess had her make my cake. I LOVED it!!
Thanks again to Natty and Jess!! It was the best party I have ever had!

1 comment: