Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Trip to Utah


On December 13th we FINALLY went back to Utah for Christmas! I can't even explain how excited I was for this trip and it completely lived up to my expectations. I don't think I even realized how much I missed everyone.

I will do separate posts for the big events like Christmas and my birthday, but we had so many fun, random nights that I want to document.

The first Saturday that we were there, my dad got us tickets to the MOTAB Christmas Concert. It was a wonderful concert!
One night we went to get sushi at my favorite restaurant, Happy Sumo. I love their sushi, Steve says it's only as good as buffet sushi. Agree to disagree.
We went up to temple square one night in an attempt to get Shannon and I into the Christmas spirit. Shannon had heard that there was a Christmas exhibit at the Grand America so we went there first to check it out. The coolest thing there was this giant gingerbread house. Very impressive.
Then we went to Temple Square. Steve's family happened to be going that night too so we met up with them.
My favorite part of the night is when we walked outside of the memorial building and Andrew saw the temple. He pointed at it and screamed "I wanna go in the castle, PLLLEASE!!" He is so hilarious.
We also got to spend a lot of time with my dearest friend Natalie. We watched a movie and went to a movie with her and her boyfriend Josh. The day after Christmas, Steve went boarding with his brother. I didn't want to drive all the way to Springville and then have to drive back to Salt Lake to pick him up. So at 8 in the morning I called Natalie to see if I could come spend the day. She said she was happy to have me! We spent the day sitting on her couch, watching movies, laughing till it hurt and playing with her puppy, Stella.

Isn't she the cutest thing you have ever seen?? (I totally stole this picture from your facebook, Natalie. Please don't have me arrested)
I of course enjoyed the holidays with my family, but some of my favorite days from the trip were spent sitting on Shannon's couch, watching Bubba play the Wii, and playing with Shannon's girls. We also went to the Woods for a movie night and I went out to breakfast with them the day I flew home. I was able to see my friends Megan (who got engaged on Christmas Eve!), Jessica Draper, and Machelle. I loved spending time with those girls. I also got to have a good, old fashion girls night with Nat and Jess. Just like the old days. Thank you to everyone who took the time to hang out with us! I love you all and miss you all already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment