Sunday, June 2, 2013

My New Job

I had to do volunteer work for my senior capstone project. I decided to try to volunteer at an eating disorder clinic. If I were to get my Master's or PhD, I would want a degree in counseling and I would want to work with adolescents with eating disorders. I decided to try to find volunteer work in my field of interest.

I contacted the only eating disorder clinic in Knoxville and asked them if they had any need for volunteers. The director I spoke to told me they didn't at the time.

A couple of weeks later I received a phone call from the director. She told me something had come up and they needed a volunteer. She asked me to come to Knoxville for an interview.

I went and met with her and we immediately hit it off. She seemed very impressed with me. She asked me what my plans were for after school. I told her that Steve would be starting his rotations and we were hoping to move to Memphis. She told me they had a facility in Memphis and their current office manager was pregnant. They were looking for someone to cover her maternity leave and potentially take over the position. She asked if I was interested. I, of course, said yes!

Well everything worked out perfectly. We got the Memphis rotation cite. The office manager decided to quit, and I was hired for a permanent position! It really was so meant to be.

I started working two weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I only work 25 hours a week. I set my own schedule. And everyone I work with is incredible. I feel honored to be working for such an amazing organization.

So that's what I am up to these days! I am loving it and grateful for how it all worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment