Saturday, September 10, 2011

Steve's School


Steve is attending the DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine at Lincoln Memorial University. He is a first year osteopathic medical student. He is studying to become a Doctor of Osteopathic medicine. Being a Doctor of Osteopathic medicine means he is licensed to preform Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment. He learns these technics in his Osteopathic Principals and Practices class which is currently his favorite subject.

Now... here is that paragraph again...

Steve is attending DCOM at LMU. He is an OMS 1. He is studying to become a DO. Being a DO means he is licensed to preform OMT. He learns about these technics in his OPP class which is currently his favorite subject.

Basically, acronyms are a big part of the medical world and now my everyday life. I am still trying to learn them all. Like right now Steve is studying MGA, OPP, FMHC, MFM, and EPC. Do I know what all those stand for? No. But I am trying to learn! Im sure someday they will all make sense.

DCOM is a new school. The building is beautiful. It is so clean and very high tech. Steve's parents call it Harrogate's temple because it is up on a hill and is always glowing. My friend told me that her mom calls it a modern day Hogwarts. Steve's little niece calls it "Daddy's school". Steve and I call it his home away from home.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice school. It must be nice to have everything so new. I'm glad he likes what he is doing.

    ReplyDelete