Saturday, September 10, 2011

Woking


I've gotta say one of the best things about living out here is living so close to Steve's parents. I really hit the jack pot as far as in laws go! His dad and step mom are so incredibly kind and generous. They are both very talented, intelligent people and I very much enjoy our time spent with them.

One of my favorite things to do with them is to watch them cook. They are both very talented chefs. Kevin always makes the most delicious meals and Cindy makes pies that put Betty Crocker herself to shame. They are so kind to share all their recipes with me. Being a good cook is very important to me!

Kevin's main specialty is Chinese food. Oh my gosh. It is so good! One of the key elements to Kevin's delicious Chinese food is his amazing, self made, enormous wok. The thing still terrifies me. It gets extremely hot and I just know one day I am going to burn my arm off or something.

Kevin threw on the food and put Steve to work. Steve was, of course, such a natural. I asked him how old he was when he learned how to use the wok and he couldn't even remember. Its like he was born doing it.

3 comments:

  1. Chinese food is great. I'm glad you have family around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just think, you guys have your very own. So when you move away (and come get it out of our garage) then you can still put Steve to work making it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you saying My Old Man cooks better Chinese than me?!

    ReplyDelete