Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Dad's visit!

My dad has been telling me that he is going to come visit since we first moved out here. Well, in November, he finally did! It was so great to have him! We had such a great time.

 My Dad came the week before Thanksgiving. Since he wasn't able to be there for Thanksgiving, we decided to have a fake Thanksgiving. It was so much fun cooking all day with my dad!
 Delicious! And now I know how to make an entire Thanksgiving meal!
 My dad and me
 And for dessert... I made my very first homemade pies! I made a pecan and chocolate pie.
 I convinced my Dad that there isn't much to do in Harrogate and maybe it would be best for us to go out of town for the weekend. This worked out well because Steve had a big test on Monday.

So on Saturday we woke up, went to Steve's football game (where my dad happily volunteered to be a ref because he is so kind and so awesome) and then we headed down to Chattanooga! One of my favorite cities.

Once we got to Chattanooga, we went straight to the Walnut Street Bridge and walked around.
 Chattanooga still had some beautiful fall colors!
 My handsome Dad!
 Walnut Street Bridge
 I have been to Chattanooga several times, but this was the first time that I realized you can actually go on the Queen Mary (the big boat in the water). We had fun walking around the boat.
 We then walked over to the Art Museum. Sadly, it was closed.

My dad on the glass bridge that I absolutely hate.
 View from the Art Mesuem
 Then we went to Ruby Fall's! We had fun, but my dad agreed that it is a tad over produced.
 The next morning we went down to the Art District for breakfast. We ate at a cute, little coffee shop and then went walking around. I just love this city!
 Oh, to live in one of those houses....
 After our walk, we headed to the Smoky Mountain National Park to do some hiking. We hiked the Chimney Tops. It was a great hike.
 I wish my dad could have seen more fall colors, but it was still really pretty.
 These pictures REALLY do not do it justice. The last part of this hike is a straight up rock climb to the top. My dad and I are both afraid of heights, so I am still proud of us for making it!
 View from the top, worth the scary climb!
 My dad scaling up the mountain
 The climb down. Again, you can't really tell from these pictures just how steep the climb was.
 I still love the scenery in the winter!
 Crazy roots
 After the hike, we drove back to Harrogate.

The next morning we went and hiked the Pinnacle and Tri State.
 My dad and Harrogate!
 In Kentucky and Virginia!
 At the Tri State! Three states at once! Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee!
I really had the best time with my Dad. It was so great having him here. I realize I am bias, but I really think I have the best dad in the entire world! Love you, Dad! Thanks again for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment