Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bridal Shower

My sister Dianna is our family comedian. Every time she would leave to go to Africa or Florida she would always huge us and say "I think Ill miss you most of all!". I finally asked her where she got that from and she reminded me of the awkward scene in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy turns to the Scarecrow and tells him she will miss him most of all in front of everyone else.

When my mom suggested doing a bridal shower I thought it was a wonderful idea. It would give me the chance to be with all the people I will miss most of all. It was especially nice since I wasnt able to celebrate my wedding with some of my very closest friends.

We had a lovely shower hosted by my mother and sisters. Lindsay worked so hard and made adorable invitations. Shannon was gracious enough to let us have the shower at her house. I can't thank my sisters and mother enough! It was such a great day and so nice to spend some time with my family and friends.

Here are some pictures from the day of random things and people I will miss most of all.

My little Isabelle and me. I miss her so much! She is the sweetest little girl and just loves everything and everyone around her. I miss her every single day!
My best friend Natalie and me. We have been best friends for 17 years!! She is like a sister to me. I can't even begin to describe how much I miss her. She has been with me through everything and it is so hard not having her around.
Me with the Dixons! Obviously, after knowing these people for 17 years we have become very close. They are my second family. I have had countless sleepovers, vacations, and even lived with them. I miss going to movies with them and sitting around watching TV and talking all night. I love them all so much and I am so grateful that they have put up with me over the years.
This is my absolute favorite picture! Its hilarious. I have no idea what is going on but Dana,Janet and even Bellie look totally shocked by something and Adie looks beyond annoyed. Haha!
Oh I miss my sweet little Adie and Bellie most of all! They are the cutest girls!
Natalie and me with our African Princess, Jessica! We picked up Jessica in the 7th grade so the three of us have been friends for 12 years! I love and miss this girl so much. She has been so incredible to me with the whole wedding and the move. She texts me all the time to see how things are in TN and I text her all the time because I miss her so much! The three of us have been through so much and I am happy that we have been able to get through everything and be such great friends. I love and miss them both!
Me with my dear friend, Megan. She was one of my only friends in Cedar City and is such an amazing friend! She was always there to talk to me and she helped me through so much when Steve and I were making big decisions. She is amazing and I miss her so much.
Me with my UCCU crew! I miss these girls so much. I made so many wonderful friends working at the Credit Union. I am so glad these ladies were able to make it. I was able to get Jessica a job after getting her fired from a previous job (haha!). Keira is on the left who was my assistant manager in my final days. She is so great! And Rachael is on the right. I absolutely love Rachael. She has become one of my very best friends. She is one of the most selfless people I know and I know I can count on her for anything. I am so happy to have her in my life!
Shannon and Liz. Liz is one of my many, beautiful cousins. I was so happy to have her at the shower! It was so hard not having all my amazing cousins at my wedding so it really meant a lot to have Liz at my shower.
Adie and my mom. She just loves Grandma!
All of my wonderful gifts! I am one lucky girl!
Isabelle and my mom
My sister Shannon (the mother of my adorable nieces and my nephew). I miss Shannon so much! She is the best big sister anyone could ask for. She is so loving and I know I can always call her about anything. It is so hard being so far away from her but I am grateful for our many weekly phone calls.
I tried on my dress at the shower since almost no one there was at the wedding. It was so fun seeing peoples reactions! (Although I still wish they all could have been at the wedding)
Me with some of my best friends Jessica and Megan. I love these girls so much! They are so great to me and so supportive. Megan did my hair and make up for the wedding and did such a fantastic job! I couldn't ask for better friends.
The next two pictures are of the people I really do miss most of all!! I love my sisters so, so much. They are all so supportive and I know that I can always count on them for anything. I also miss my mom and I am so grateful for her constant love and support.
Thanks again to everyone who came! It was such a great day!

3 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures, great memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like so much fun!!! I'm sad I couldn't make it :( you look so cute in all of those pics by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd forgotten how much fun that day was. Thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures. I'm glad you have good memories.

    ReplyDelete