Friday, August 26, 2011

Our Honeymoon, Part 1



The timing of our wedding worked out perfectly. I was able to work through most of June. We were able to spend time up north with our family. And we were able to get to TN by July 1st. Now the one downfall to all of this was there was no time for a honeymoon. I was naive and trying to have a positive outlook on everything so I told Steve we could consider our cross country drive as our honeymoon.

Steve had decided long before he decided to marry me that he was going to leave everything behind in Cedar City and get all new stuff in TN. This always made me sad because I was constantly worried that I would be something he would just leave behind. He of course came to his senses and realized he couldn't leave me. :) So he had it in his mind that whatever fit in his 4 Runner would be what he would take. When the decision to take me was made we looked at renting U-Hauls... PRICY! It would have cost more to rent a U Haul than any of my stuff was worth. We then decided to sell all my stuff and pack as much as we could into his car.

Steve used his wonderfully army organization skills and was able to fit (almost) everything we needed into the 4 Runner. There were a few things we had to throw out last minute.

Steve packing the last items
Stuffed!
Here are some final views of Cedar from Steve's apartment. Honestly, I can't say I miss it. Yes, we had some good times in Cedar, but I never really loved living there. I do miss living so close to Dana but luckily she is family so Im pretty sure we will keep in touch.
Adios The Block!
The view from the inside... NO ROOM!
We left Cedar on Thursday. We had to take the 70 and go through Manti so I could buy my slip for the wedding. It was really refreshing to go a different way. I can't even tell you how many time I have drive I 15 in the last year and a half! It was a beautiful drive! Spanish Fork canyon is beautiful.

Then we spent a couple of days up north. Visited with friend and family. Got married. Little things like that.

On June 28th it was finally our big moving day and we began our three day journey to TN! I had a doctors appointment that morning and then we had to get our tires rotated so we got off to a late start. We started our journey going through Spanish Fork canyon which I loved. Steve kept telling me that TN was even more green so that got me really excited.

The first day wasn't bad at all. We have a game where we go through Steve's i pod and give the songs ratings. We talked a lot about our future and laughed a lot at stupid things. It was really fun! After a couple of hours of driving Steve asked if we could listen to a book on tape. I told him it was fine because I wanted to sleep a little. He put on the book Atlas Shrugged.

It is an ok book. At the beginning I really liked it and the time flew! It was also kind of fun because its all about railroads and they mention Colorado about a million times and we were driving next to a railroad in Colorado. Super cool.

I absolutely loved Colorado. It was so gorgeous. It was such a peaceful drive. We basically drove next to a river the entire time and I loved all the little cities. It felt like we were driving through Park City multiple times.

Stopping for gas right outside of Aspen. I kept thinking of the Kardashian episode when the sisters are fighting in Aspen so Kim walks all the way back to town. Haha. It was so beautiful there! But looking at this picture I feel kind of silly for thinking there were a lot of trees.

We made it to Denver just after 8 o clock. I loved Denver! It was such a beautiful city. We checked into the hotel and then we walked downtown to go to dinner.

Walking to dinner
I asked my Aunt Kathy (who lives in Denver) if she had any recommendations for dinner. She told us that this place called Earls was really good. Well that happened to be the place the front desk dude told us to go too! It was delicious. We sat up on the balcony and enjoyed the fresh air and people watching.

There was a guy reading taro cards just below us and it was fun to watch all the people go to him. We also watched homeless people dig through garbage.. a lovely viewing experience while you are eating.

We then walked back to the hotel and went to bed. I was very displeased with our hotel room. We asked for a high floor and got the second. Our air conditioning was SO loud. It kept me up all night. I went to the front desk to tell them how loud it was and they didn't even pretend to care. Oh boy, I am SO glad to be done with the hotel business.

The next morning Steve was freaking out because he couldn't find his car keys. We went outside and there they were, sticking out of the passenger door. Luckily our car was not broken into! Apparently Denver is very safe!
Repacking the car and leaving Denver
Well folks, leaving Denver was when the Honeymoon ended. More to come in Part 2!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your car was safely there. I'm sorry about the loud air conditioner. Hotels can be hard to sleep in sometimes.

    ReplyDelete