Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our First Thanksgiving

We had Thanksgiving this year at Steve's dad house. Steve's oldest brother Chad, his wife Sarah, and their two adorable kids came to visit for the week. It was so fun having the whole family here for Thanksgiving.

I was in charge of making rolls for dinner. Steve and his brothers had a football game at eight so I had to wake up at seven to cut out the rolls. I watched the Friends Thanksgiving episode with Brad Pitt while I cut out the rolls. It sure put me in the Thanksgiving mood!

After the rolls were cut, we took off for the big football game! It was so foggy and cold. We couldn't even see our neighbors house across the street. Kevin and I bundled up and cheered the boys on.

The fog started to clear and it finally warmed up a little.
After two hours of watching them play, I decided to go home and get ready. Then I headed over to Kevin's for our early dinner.

The dinner was delicious! After dinner the boys watched football and the rest of us just hung out.

It was a pretty fun day. I got really homesick which I didn't expect. Holly and Sarah made me feel a lot better. They told me stories about their first holidays with the Joneses and it helped to know it was normal to be so homesick.

I am so grateful for so many things. I am thankful for my wonderful parents who having been so supportive of everything I have done. I am thankful for my sisters who I know are always there for me. I am thankful for my amazing friends who still care about me even though I am hundreds of miles away. I am thankful for my in laws who have been so kind to me.

Most of all I am thankful for my wonderful husband whom I love so much. I could not ask for a better man. He is so kind to me and is working so hard to build a good future for us. I am thankful everyday for him.

I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment