Sunday, March 25, 2012

Atlanta Sisters Getaway

My big sister Dianna had been living in Africa for nine months. She got back in January. We decided to meet in Atlanta, which is almost exactly half way between our houses, for a fun sisters weekend. It was so wonderful to see her!

We ate a TON of amazing food. The first night we went to a place that appeared on Man Vs. Food. It was one of the best cheeseburgers I have ever had. After dinner we went to this fun, little tavern where they were playing Romeo and Juliet. The play was very well done and we had a great time.

The next day we went to get my tires rotated. I know this is a lame thing to do on vacation, but I had to take advantage of being in a big city. Luckily the place Dianna wanted to go to lunch was within walking distance of where I got my tires rotated. We went to Flip Burger. It was delicious!

We then decided to go to the Coke museum.
It was freezing! My coat was barely keeping me warm.
My dad, my brother-in-law Matt and I made a bet this year to not drink any carbonation this year. My only disclaimer was if I went to the Coke factory I wanted a coke. I got my coke and that was about the best part of the museum. It was pretty boring. Sorry for making you go, Di Di!

After the museum we went and got Ethiopian food for dinner. I was pretty nervous about it, but it was actually really delicious. We then went back to the hotel, Skyped with Shannon and the kiddos and then vegged out on cable the rest of the night.

On Sunday we went shopping and then went to this awesome little neighborhood and had the best burrito I have ever had. We then said our good byes and headed home.

I was such a fun weekend! I really look forward to our next sister weekend in just a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment