Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy New Year


Our first New Years was spent apart. Steve started school on January 2nd and I had something in Utah that I needed to stay for. Steve spent New Years in TN with Rick and Holly and some of their friends. He called me at midnight in TN and wished me a Happy New Year. I am sad we couldn't spend it together, but we will have plenty of New Years and I am glad I was in Utah for my Dad's birthday and Adie's baptism.

On New Years Eve, my dad, Dana, and I drove back from Montana where we had been visiting Lindsay. We got back to Shannon's house around nine. Dana and I decided to sit around feeling sorry for ourselves because we couldn't be with our husbands. We decided to bring in the new year by watching Kim Kardashians wedding. I was concerned that bringing in the New Year by watching a wedding with a marriage that only lasted for 72 days might be a bad omen. Dana assured me it wasn't.

At 11:59 we paused Kim's disaster of a wedding and waited for mid night. The clock struck 12 and we screamed Happy New Year at each other. I then did my annual head stand.

My best friends dad (Scott Dixon) told me two years ago that it was good luck to start the New Year upside down. So on New Years 2010 Scott insisted that we hang ourselves in this weird machine he had so we could each have good luck that year. Here I am on New Years Day 2010...
A month and a half later I met Steve, pretty good luck I would say! I did a head stand on New Years 2011 and then got married six months later. I am a believer. I did my annual head stand, and then Dana wanted to try. I almost broke her back trying to get her on her head, but she got a good one in and she has seemed to have pretty good luck so far this year!

I personally really love New Years. I really love having what seems like a fresh start. Last year was the first time I really kept a New Years Resolution. My resolution was to get in really good shape and loose some weight. Well a few days before we went to Utah I ran seven miles (in just over an hour, no walking!) which is way further than I ever thought I could run and I weighed myself and had lost 7 lbs in the year. 7-7! Pretty exciting.

Steve and I both decided to make resolutions for 2012. We both are trying to gossip less, get in shape, and do well in school. So far we are doing pretty well!

2 comments:

  1. LIES! I have had a lot of bad luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying getting caught up on your life. I'd almost forgot about your blog, it has been so long since you posted. Thanks for getting us caught up.

    ReplyDelete