Sunday, May 6, 2012

Babysitting

The best part of my trip, of course, was babysitting the kids. They were so good for my, and we had a lot of fun!

The first night on our own, I took them to In N Out and shopping for Easter dresses.
The Woods and my dad came over the next night to hang out. We had delicious pizza and great conversation! It was a fun night.
We woke up on April 6th to about an inch of snow. Adie spent the morning assuring me that school would be cancel. I finally was able to convince her that it wasn't, but she still insisted on boots, gloves, a coat, and a jacket.
On Friday night, my mom took us all to McDonalds. The kids had lots of fun playing with Will.
To back track, on Friday I took Andrew up to City Creek. He insisted on taking his piggy bank. I kept telling him no, but he kept insisting. I finally gave in and told him he could take it. We got up to City Creek and he really wanted to bring it into the mall. I told him no, but he kept fighting me. I finally told him he could. We stepped out of the car and within two steps it dropped and shattered. I felt absolutely terrible, mostly because I knew Adie had made it for him.

Adie got home from school and Andrew immediately told her what happened. The poor girl started crying and looked right at me and said, "how could you let this happen? You could have prevented this!" I was absolutely crushed. I promised her I would take her to Color Me Mine over Spring Break to make up for it. She was so excited, I think she forgot all about the broken one.

So on Monday we ventured to Color Me Mine. I was a tad nervous. I had never been before and it was the first day of Spring Break. I was expecting a mad house. It was the total opposite! There were only a few people there and the kids were so well behaved!
The artist at work. She chose another piggy bank. She was so organized and serious. She is a great artist!
Andrew apparently made himself at home... I didn't notice till now that his shoes were off! He picked a Lightening McQueen piggy bank.
Isabelle picked a cute little butterfly box. She did a great job, especially for having a broken thumb!
Adie's finished product. Future Cougar!
Andrew's car
Isabelle and her cute little box
Adie got a little bored waiting for Bellie to finish. She decided to add some polk a dots. I think it was a nice touch!
After Color Me Mine, we decided to go to the park. Andrew and Bellie played together almost the whole time!
Adie enjoyed cruising on her scooter
The kids wanted to have a picnic. We had already had lunch and it was close to dinner, so they brought their Easter Eggs to eat on the blanket.
Andrew got a bubble machine for Easter, so the kids got way into bubbles while I was there.
On Tuesday we went to the Zoo. We were originally suppose to go with my friend and her little girl, but then Isabelle got strep. She, understandably, didn't want to risk it. I was a little nervous taking them and being the only adult. Luckily it wasn't too bad, and no one got lost!
Waiting in line for the train!
They got to sit together. They thought that was pretty cool!
Andrew in the mole cave.
Snake slide. I was so proud of my little nieces and nephew. There were tons of kids running around like crazy, pushing other kids, cutting in line, and being so rude. Adie, Bellie, and Bubba were so polite and always waited their turns. They are such great kids.
Who wouldn't want to spend a week with these kids?!
Famous Lion fountain!
Oh I love them!
Elephants
Sweet little Adie.
On the Carousal
Alligator
Giraffes
Sleeping tiger
After the zoo we went to Sugar House to feed the kids before I dropped them off at Matt's sister's house so that I could have dinner with some friends.

A house in Sugar House. I don't think I ever realized how pretty spring is in Utah!
One of my favorite places.
We drove around Sugar House trying to find a McDonalds. After about ten minutes, I realized the Natalie lives across the street from a McDonalds... duh! We got there and Andrew opened the door on his toe. It ripped off part of his toe nail and it was bleeding. I knew Natalie would have band-aids, so we ran across the street and banged on the door. She saved the day! We invited her to come sit outside with us while the kids ate. She brought her adorable dog, Stella. The kids loved her!

Natalie ran back to her house to get some treats for the kids to give to Stella. While she was gone Adie said, "I really hope I get to see Stella again." I told her that she would be right back. She said "no, I mean after today." I will just have to take the kids to Salt Lake this summer so they can play with Stella again!
I really had so much fun with the kids. I really wasn't ready to leave them. While I was hugging them good-bye Bellie said, "I'm going to miss you so much! But you will be back in June, and that's not so far away!" She is right, not so far away! I can't wait to see them again and play all summer with them!! (and my other nephews and nieces, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment