Sunday, May 6, 2012

Easter

A couple weeks after Matt booked the trips, I realized I would be there for Easter. I was pretty excited about it. Holiday's are always more fun with kids!!

We dyed Easter Eggs on Saturday.
A side story, Adie absolutely hated when I would get coffee. She is quite the healthy child and very strong member of the Church! I have recently cut WAY back on my coffee addiction, like to the point that I only drink it if I pass a Starbucks. I only got coffee maybe three times while I was there. Each time Adie would roll her eyes at me and lecture me about how terrible it is. We were out running errands on Saturday and wanted to stop to get an iced coffee. Adie had a birthday party in half an hour and told me "she didn't want to be late over something like coffee!" She also hated when I drank tea. When we drove home from Salt Lake one night, I really needed a pick me up. We went to Starbucks and they were closed. Adie started cheering and said "hooray!! Stepie doesn't get her tea!!" She cracks me up.

So while we were dying eggs, I made one that said "I love Steve". The girls asked me what I was writing. I said "I love..." and Adie said, "Wait. Don't tell me. It says 'I love Coffee!'" haha!! And then Bellie said, "No, it probably says 'I love Gossip Girl!'" haha! Those kids know their Aunt too well!!
Our finished work!
The kids wanted sleep overs every night. I wouldn't let them on school nights, but on the weekends I figured I might as well let them. They actually all slept a lot better when they all slept in the same room. Adie is so adorable with Andrew and wanted to read him stories every night. This is a picture of him reading him a book the night before Easter.
The Easter Bunny came that night!
Hidden eggs
Isabelle loved the eggs in the dinosaurs mouth. She said the Easter Bunny was so smart to hide one there!
The kids LOVED their presents.
Adie woke up at 5:45, ready to go! By 6:30 they were all in bed with me, but Andrew and Bellie were still sleeping. Isabelle had been feeling sick all weekend, so I wanted to let her sleep. I distracted Adie and Andrew with delicious Cinnamon Rolls and a gmail chat with Aunt Di Di in hopes to let Bellie sleep.
Isabelle finally woke up and the kids ran downstairs. They were so happy that the Easter Bunny came!
After they checked out their baskets, they started trying to find eggs.
While Andrew was looking for eggs, one of them broke open. He started screaming, "there is candy in this one!!" I informed him that there was candy in all of them. He was so excited!!
Adie was so sweet and helped her brother
Adie got so many, her basket broke!
A peep at 8 in the morning?? Sure!
The kids happy with their findings
Bellie and Andrew got into trading theirs.
Andrew got this big bubble wand. He was so excited!
Isabelle had been feeling sick. She told me she was too grumpy to go to church. Turns out the poor girl had strep! Poor thing. :( I kept her home and sent Andrew and Adie.
Love my nieces!
Sista, sista!
My mom was kind enough to have us for dinner. She also had an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. More candy! Hooray!
Andrew was more interested in this stick.
She is so beautiful!
Timpanogos! I love this mountain.
We had to bring the bubbles to Grandmas!
They loved popping the bubbles with each others noses.
It was a great Easter! I am so happy I got to spend it with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment