Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gatlinburg

Steve had another opportunity to attend a medical conference. It was in Gatlinburg, TN. This time Holly, Rick, and their kids came and we stayed with them and some friends in a big cabin.

Beautiful view from the balcony
 Our room.
 Each room had it's own bathroom. I was pretty happy that we all didn't have to share one!
 The beautiful deck.
 The day after we got there, I went shopping with Holly. We went to lunch after shopping and then went back to the cabin and just chilled for the rest of the night.

The next day I needed to devote to homework. Holly was nice enough to help me with my math. We ended up sitting on the porch and doing math for over 7 hours!! Not my ideal way to spend a vacation, but I was extremely grateful for Holly's help and I got a B on my final!

On Saturday we checked out of the cabin. Rick and Holly had some friends in town so we decided to tag along with them. I am so glad we did! We had so much fun with everyone! Their friend's were so welcoming and their kids were so cute. We had a really good time.

We decided to go walk around the Smokey Mountains.

Steve teasing Katie
 Brady sure loves Uncle Steve!
 So beautiful
 Katie in a tree!
 Cool butterfly
 Some random chimney in the middle of the forest.
 While we were standing on the bridge, I took my camera out and put my case on the bridge. When we were getting ready to leave, I accidently knocked it into the river. Without me even asking, Steve ran down and jumped in the river! He saved my case! Such a good husband.
 My hero!
 We walked over to a small water fall. Steve climbed to the top with all the kids.
After the Smokey Mountains we went out to dinner. Holly's friend's were nice enough to invite us to stay the night at their condo. We went back to the condo after dinner and went swimming. Then we went back to the condo and the guys watched a basketball game and the girls sat and talked.

The next day we went to Cracker Barrel and had breakfast. Then we headed home.

It was a fun week and a nice little getaway!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of the rocking chairs- I will insist on a beautiful Southern-style porch wherever Joe and I end up living!

    ReplyDelete