Friday, May 4, 2012

Utah!

When I was in Utah for Christmas break, my brother in law Matt asked me if I would be willing to watch his kids sometime in the Springs so that he and Shannon could go on vacation. My response: HELL YES!! He text me back in February and told me that he booked a flight for their vacation and was booking my flight to Utah. I was so excited. I immediately went over my classes to see how I could work ahead so that I could handle a two weeks break to go to Utah. I worked really hard and luckily got caught up enough to be able to really enjoy my time there.

Matt was kind enough to fly me out a week before Shannon left. This gave me lots of time to see family and friends before watching the kiddies.

One day I went up to Salt Lake with the Madsens. This is Caleb in front of John M. Bernhisel's grave. He is my great, great something grandpa. He was one of the first men to go to DC to fight for Utah's territorial status (glad I learned something from my boring Utah History class this semester!) 
We went out for Belgian waffles and Natalie came along. Delicious!
Not sure why I am dressed all in black. I guess I didn't realize how creepy my outfit was.
Such a cutie!
I also had the chance to go to City Creek for the first time with my whole family! It was the most glorious mall I have ever been to. It made me just that much sadder that I don't live in Salt Lake.
My nieces and nephews enjoying the fountains at City Creek
This is the stream that runs through the mall. A couple minutes after I took this picture a security guard came and told us that Caleb couldn't be so close to the stream. He then continued walking down the mall warning other children. What an exciting job!
After about five hours of shopping we decided to go out for dinner. We didn't want to deal with the crowded restaurants so we took TRAX to a restaurant. This was my first time riding TRAX, so exciting!
ALL the nieces and nephews. A rare occurrence. 
I sure love these kiddos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment