Friday, May 17, 2013

Memphis

On March 20th I went down to Memphis to look for an apartment. My sister Lindsay is living in Alabama for a couple of months, and she and her son, Caleb, came and met me in Memphis!

I hadn't seen these two in almost a year! It was so great to see them.
  
First things first, we had to go shopping. Caleb was so hilarious. I had to fight him to take the pictures above. Two minutes later we walked into Old Navy and he goes and poses with the manikins and says, "Take a picture of me".
 After shopping, we went to a Mexican restaurant in the hotel's parking lot. It actually was pretty good.
 The next day we went apartment hunting! I'm not going to lie, it was miserable. It was a long day and I really can't thank Lindsay and Caleb enough for spending the day with me. Lindsay was great at calming me down and assuring me I would find a place. Caleb was seriously so well behaved, and actually seemed to enjoy looking at all the apartments.

One apartment took us around on golf carts! That was probably the most exciting part of our day.
 The next day we decided to go look at one last complex. It was the light at the end of the tunnel! I fell in love right away. I really wanted a townhouse, and this place had the perfect lay out. I was sold! I put a deposit down, signed an application, and was done! It was wonderful.

Our new home!
 After we finally found a place, I was less of a stress case, and we decided to go explore Memphis! We drove out to Graceland only to find out how expensive it is. We decided not to take the tour, but we went and drove by Elvis's house. Caleb kept asking us all these questions about Elvis. That kid is too smart for me!
 After Graceland, we went to Beale Street. It was cold and rainy, so we didn't stay long, but it was still fun!
 Then we went to the Peabody Hotel to see the Duck March. The hotel has ducks in their lobby fountain, and everyday night they march the ducks from the fountain into the elevator. It was way cool!

The Duck's red carpet.
Their elevator.
 (Sorry, blurry pictures!)
 After the hotel, we went and got the BEST BBQ! I thought I had pictures, but Lindsay must have taken them. It was delicious and made me so excited to move to Memphis and eat BBQ all day, everyday.

Thanks again, Lindsay and Caleb! I couldn't have made it through the week without you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment