Monday, May 27, 2013

Utah!

One of the greatest things about graduating was getting to go to Utah to walk.

The flight out there was terrible. My flight anxiety seems to get worse every time I fly. Luckily, these beautiful clouds helped calm me down...for a minute.
 I got teary eyed seeing Mount Timpanogos. I miss this mountain everyday.
 My brother in law, Brandon, was kind enough to pick me up from the airport. We visited Dana at work, got Cafe Rio, and then went back to their apartment and this old lady went to bed.

The next morning I woke up early and went for a freezing walk with Nat and Stella, but it still was so good to see them both!
Then I went out to breakfast with Jessica and her gorgeous daughter.
 I spent my first day riding the bus, TRAX, and Frontrunner. Little Dana taught me the ropes and by the end of the day I was convinced I would never have to rent a car again!

Dana and I went shopping for graduation dresses. It was so fun hanging out with my little sis.
 Then I was off to Utah County to spend less than 24 hours with Shannon and her family. Not enough time.

I spent most of my time playing with Andrew. He is hilarious. This is my favorite story from my trip: Andrew asked me to play with him while I was eating breakfast. We went downstairs and started playing Jenga. Shannon came down and told us we could only play for a little while because Andrew had play group at 9:30. He told Shannon to go away because he needed privacy with me. Every time Shannon came downstairs, Andrew would scream "I need privacy!". We were on our eightieth game of Jenga, and I pulled a block from the bottom of the tower. I ended up loosing and knocked the entire tower over because he had pulled so many from the bottom. Andrew asked me why I knocked the entire tower over. I told him I just felt like it. He suddenly got very tense, clinched his fists, and screamed "Ugh! You are SERIOUSLY wasting my time!" I started laughing and he told me he was serious. He looked at the clock and said, "It is 8:10. You are seriously wasting me time!" He was dead serious. I almost died laughing.

Sweet, little Andrew. 
On our way down to Cedar City for Dana's graduation, we stopped at Mayke's to say hello. Her girls also grow so much between my trips!

Sweet Hetty
 Check out those lashes!
I will do a separate post on Dana's graduation and my graduation.

After all the celebrating, we concluded with a fun night out with some of our closest friends.

Mikey, Steve, and Rick.
 Natalie, Machelle, me, and Megan.
I also had some time to take pictures of Natalie's cute, little dogs! I just love playing with my new camera.

I had such a great trip! I am glad I got to see (almost) everyone. Hopefully I will be back in Utah soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment