Monday, May 27, 2013

My graduation present

When we first moved to Tennessee, I put up quite a fight about continuing school. I never had much of an interest in going to school. The main reason I moved to Cedar City was for a change of scenery. I actually remember telling a co worker that if I ended up finding a med student, I would drop out of school.

Well, Steve was having none of that. He told me I needed to finish school. I told him I would much rather get a nice camera, a dog, and have kids. He told me that if I finished school, then he would buy me a DSLR.

As usual, Steve was right. I realized soon after that I really needed to finish school. But I'm not going to lie, there were plenty of days where the only thing getting me through was thinking about my camera.

Come April, it was finally time to order my camera! This is what really made graduating real for me. My camera arrived the weekend before finals. Steve told me I couldn't use it until all my classes were finished. This really motivated me! I finished my classes late Monday night. On Tuesday morning I woke up and the first thing I did was go outside and take 100 pictures of a tree.

I love it. I have a lot to learn. I am taking a photography class this summer, and can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment