Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Proposal

Steve brought it to my attention that I never mentioned HOW he proposed. I cant believe I didn't think to document such an important story... so here it is!

As previously mentioned, we waited forever for the ring to get here. The ring was expected to arrive last Tuesday (May 31st). I wanted to stay at home all day waiting for the package but there were too many things we had to do so my plan of sitting in Steve's apartment all day waiting wasn't a reality.

I had to work that Tuesday night and Steve brought me dinner. He was telling me about his day and said "Oh! UPS tried to deliver the ring but I saw the delivery notice too late so I will have to go pick it up" I died a little inside.

That night Steve came to pick me up from work. I get off work at 11 and we are both usually exhausted. I was especially exhausted this night. I told Steve I was tired and just wanted to go to bed. He grabbed my hand and said "Can we just kick it for awhile?" I found this a little weird because usually we go right to bed and the term "kick it" is usually something he says to his guy friends. I told him we could and asked what he wanted to do. He said he didn't know but he didn't want to go to bed.

So off we went to his apartment. We walked in and I went straight to his room to put on some sweats. I came out to the living room and Steve was watching TV. I started walking towards the couch and Steve stood up and turned off the TV. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said "Come here, I want to show you something"

We walked out into his hallway and he opened up the door that goes to his roof (He lives on top of H&R Block in Cedar) I went to see what he wanted to show me and I looked behind the door. The stairs leading to the roof was covered in rose petals and lined with white lights. He told me to go see what was on the roof. I ran up and there was a blanket and more petals and lights.

It was the most perfect night. One of the warmer nights we have had this year and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I went and sat on the blanket and waited for Steve to come up. He came up and asked me what was sitting next to me. I looked and there was a box. I opened it and there was another box... then there was an empty box. I looked at him and he came over and got on one knee. Me being the awkward person that I am knelled down with him (it felt weird to have him on one knee!) Then he told me how much he loves me, pulled out the ring, and asked if I would marry him. My answer.. .YES!! We then laid on the roof and looked at the stars.

It was beyond perfect. I could not be happier. I'm so happy I only have to wait four weeks to get married, I dont know how people handle long engagements.

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect proposal!! way to go Steve! :) :) So happy for you Steph. You deserve the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. how romantic... looks like you caught a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story, I am so glad you shared it with us. It was great seeing you today, you looked stunning! I wish you both the best of luck and happiness. xx

    ReplyDelete