Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fourth of July

We had an excellent Fourth of July this year!

 About six weeks before the Forth of July, my sister, Dianna, convinced me to run in a 10K. I was very hesitant, especially because she asked right before our big trip, and I knew I wouldn't run the two weeks we were gone, but I told her I would do it! It is something I have always wanted to do. And I have really loved running this last year.

The original plan was for Dianna, Matt, and me to run it. Then Steve found out Chad and Sarah were running the 5K and he signed up last minute. Then when my brother-in-law Brandon found out that Steve was running the 5K, he decided to sign up too! So it turned into a big, family run.

Dianna, me, and Matt at the starting line for the 10K!
 Steve and Brandon at the starting line.
 
 The race was amazing! It was so much fun. I definitely didn't pace myself very well and ended up getting really tired. But I did not stop or walk the entire time! Which was one of my main goals, I wanted to RUN the entire thing. My other goal was to finish in under an hour. Around mile 5 I started telling myself that there was no way I was going to make it in under an hour, but I was just going to keep running. Then when we turned the corner, I saw the big clock and it was under an hour! I got a burst of energy and sprinted to the finish line! My final time was 55:43:23. I could not have been happier!
 Steve was extremely impressive! He did not train at all for his 5K. The only running he has done all year is a mile or two at the gym on leg days. He went running with me and Matt when we did our five mile run. He only ran three miles of it, but that made me think he would be just fine for the 5K. Well, he killed it! His final time was 26:03! That is a 8:24 pace. I am so proud of him!
 
All the runners!


Aren't we adorable? haha
After the run, we went back to Shannon's and then all went out to breakfast at Magleby's Fresh.

After breakfast, we all went back to Shannon's and took naps. Then we got ready for the BBQ. I volunteered to make my salsa. Sweet, little Andrew was my great helper!
 We went over to Diane's and had a BBQ.
 She has a swing in a tree that the kids all love!
 Love my sweet nieces!
 Andrew flying in the swing.
 Yummy food!
 Steve did some back flips for our entertainment.
 After dinner, we started a fun baseball game.
 Isabelle practiced her cheer!
 After dinner, we went to my dad's work to watch the Stadium of Fire Fireworks. He works on campus so we had an awesome view.

We first went to the roof.
 Then my dad decided we would have a better view in one of the conference rooms. He was right! It was the best view!

 Fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment